Friday, January 7, 2011

Word and Image: Working with Mirjana Ugrinov

Another one of my favorite visual artists is Mirjana Ugrinov.

My poem, "The Correct Yes,"-- a poem I wrote for my husband) --was selected by Mirjana as part of the first Poetic Dialogue project and was a feature at the Chicago Humanities Festival as well.  She created this work in response to my poem, incorporating many images from the poem into the painting. Moreover, she captured perfectly the poem's essence.

Mirjana's two panel painting was hung hanging in the Ambassador's residence in Belgrade and my poem was displayed along side of it.

This painting is magnificent and it is large. 







Left Panel: Between Pearl Birds
Right Panel: Fear the Sun Turning West
Two Panels, 36x48 inches each (acrylic on canvas)

You can find more information on Mirjana at
http://www.mirjanaugrinov.com/artist/index.html

No comments: